[SECC] Frye's

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sat Jan 1 10:11:08 EST 2005

On Nov 15, 2004, at 9:15 AM, Jay Pryor wrote:

> For those of you in the Atlanta area, yesterday I went to Frye's
> electronics store for the first time and discovered that they carry
> electronic components -- resistors, capacitors, test equipment,
> aluminum boxes for home brew, etc.  Frye's is new to the Atlanta area
> and has only been open a few months.

 From my office at work, I can SEE the Fry's store across the
interstate. I've been there a few times.

As a parts location, it leaves something to be desired. For example, I
found a few TTL and CMOS ICs, but could not locate any linear ICs,
other than three-terminal regulators. The Fry's in San Jose has a much
better parts selection, although I suppose many of those parts have
been hanging on the racks for years....

I've just about given up on Fry's, Radio Shack, or even hamfests as
parts suppliers. Mouser, Digi-Key or Dan's Small Parts seems like a
better bet....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901