[SECC] KA9EKJ NAQP SSB

Hoeft, Roger V roger.hoeft at intergraph.com
Sun Jan 16 21:52:51 EST 2005

    Exchanged Information: KA9EKJ ROGER AL

     Hours of Operation: 09:50

     band      QSOs      points    mults

     160         77          77      26
      80         63          63      30
      40        106         106      35
      20        111         111      29
      15         34          34      15
      10         13          13       5

     TOTAL      404         404     140      SCORE: 56,560

     Club or Team Name: South East Contest Club; SECC Team 1

All I can say is, "Hey, who moved the Black Hole??!!!!!"  If conditions last
week were "muddy," then yesterday was like operating in swill (from the
early days of "Saturday Night Live").  I couldn't get ANYTHING going all
day.  I knew 10 & 15 would be weak, 20 would be so-so, and the low bands
would be to my advantage. Geez, I scored better in the CW test than
yesterday; and I don't think I'm that good of a CW op!!!  Had I not been on
a team, I would have packed it in around 0400z. I worked Greg, K4NO (about
30 miles away) on 160, and the VK6 in the CQWW 160 cw test a few years ago
seemed louder.  Some of the call-ins on 3830 were commenting on the lower
than expected scores as well - except for K9NS, wow!  Just not too much fun,
overall.  Seems previous efforts years ago were better.

Time to start thinking about CQWW 160.

73,

	Roger ...
	KA9EKJ