[SECC] Reminder QCWA QSO Party Next Weekend

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 28 11:40:06 EST 2005

 > Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:35:04 -0500
 > To: qcwa at mailman.qth.net
 > From: George Roach <groach at igs.net>
 > Subject: 49th QCWA QSO Party.
 >
 > Hi Guys   (and girls)
 >
 > At this time next Saturday I will probably be talking to one
 > of you on the air during our  QCWA QSO Party. Its hard to believe
 > that this operating event will be  50 years old next year.
 >
 > However the 48th Fall Party only had 40 logs submitted to Bob Buus
 > for checking. We have a problem !  The quickest solution is for more
 > of the people  who participated to send in their logs. My experience in
 > that  party with VE3QCWA and  looking at the logs of  Norm (K1AA)
 > and Alan(W4ARM)-W2MM operators-  is that there are a lot
 > of QCWA members on the air. So please take the time to mail in
 > a log, or attach it to, or include it in and e-mail to Bob Buus. He will
 > take your log in almost any form . However the form that appears at
 > www.qcwa.org  or in the Journal will make his job easier.
 >
 > Remember, even if you only make a few contacts send in your log !
 >
 > So enjoy the Easter weekend,  and get your rigs and antennas  into
 > shape for April 2 (1900 hrs).
 >
 > Here are the rules :
 >
 > Rules for the 49th Annual Spring QCWA QSO Party
 >
 > QCWA cordially invites all to participate in the 2005 QSO parties.
All licenced Radio Amateurs world wide
 >  are invited. Time/Dates:  The Spring QSO party will  commence on 2
April 2005 at 1900 Hrs UTC. It will
 >  run for a period of 24 Hours. Both CW , Phone and digital modes may
be used. The Fall QSO Party will be
 >  September 17, 2005.
 >
 > Frequencies: The following 15 Bands may be used:-
 >         1.8:  1.800 - 2.000       14.0:  14.000 - 14.150      28.3:
28.3 - 29.7
 >         3.5:  3.500 - 3.750       14.2:  14.150 - 14.350          50:
  50.0 - 54.0
 >         3.9:  3.750 - 4.000       21.0:  21.000 - 21.200       144:
144.0 - 148.0
 >         7.0:  7.000 - 7.150       21.2:  21.200 - 21.450        220:
  220.0 - 225.0
 >                 7.2:  7.150 - 7.300      28.0:  28.000 - 28.300
UHF above 420 Mhz
 > Any station  may be contacted on any or all of the 15 bands for a
maximum of 15 QSO's per station, with no
 > more than one QSO per Band. Any station in your home QCWA chapter may
be counted only once, for a
 > maximum of one QSO per station. No contacts on WARC bands are
permitted (10, 18 and 24 Mhz Bands).
 > No Cross Band or Repeater Contacts are allowed.
 >
 > Suggested Starting Frequencies:
 > CW:     1.810:   3.540:   7.035:   14.040:   21.050:   28.050
 > Phone:  1.845:   3.890:   7.244:   14.262:   21.365:   28.325
 >
 > Calling (CW & Digital or Phone):  CQ  QCWA
 >
 > Information Exchange:  Fill  Columns on the Log  Form.  For the
"year" column, indicate the  last 2 digits
 > of the year  the station operator was  first licenced.  If the
contacted station does not belong to a QCWA chapter
 > show only the State, Province or Country of its location. The latter
would apply to Non QCWA members
 > as well as to QCWA  members who are not affiliated with a local
chapter. Do Not mention the term "At Large"
 > (AL) as was done several years ago, as this can be confused with AL
for Alabama. For Band info, simply
 > indicate one of the above 15 Bands in the "band" column.
 >
 > Categories: You may choose to work all modes or Only Phone or Only
Digital (which includes CW).
 > Certificates will be issued for each Category of "Cw/digital",
"Phone", or "Mixed" .

 > Scoring:  Each Phone  QSO is worth one contact point.  Each CW  QSO
or other Digital Mode QSO such as
 > RTTY,PSK31, MFSK etc. is worth 2 contact points (show 2 points in the
QSO Points Column on the Log).
 > A Multiplier of  one point is given for each QCWA Chapter worked and
for each State, Province or Country
 > reported from stations not belonging to a QCWA Chapter. A total of
only one multiplier point will be given for
 > each State, Province or Country. A Multiplier  of 3 points will be
given on each of the 15 Bands for working our
 > Special Events  Station W2MM. It is hoped to have this station active
throughout the two parties.  Stations
 > within 50 miles (80 Kms) of W2MM, may work W2MM only once for a total
multiplier of  3 points. Sample logs
 > and a summary sheet may be requested from QCWA Headquarters with an
SASE.  The address is  P O Box 3247
www.qcwa.org .Note:  W2MM will be operated
 > by one of our local chapters.  Members of that chapter, and non
chapter Members within 50 miles (80 kms) will
 > be permitted to work W2MM only once for a total of 3 Multiplier
points.(Chapter  162-Southeast Wisconsin)

 > Awards: Certificates will be issued for the top 3 World Scores in
each category.
 > A certificate will also be  issued for  the top score in each
category in each participating Country
 > .
 > Send Logs to: W2OD,  Robert Buus, 8 Donner Street,  HOLMDEL N.J.
07733-2004, U.S.A.