[SECC] W4AN - SECC Club Call

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 29 11:33:15 EST 2005

Thought I would add a little to John's message. The following is a cut
and paste from the FCC database L-AMAT. I would like to emphasize that
I have not yet received the actual license, but FCC regulations allow
the call to be used as soon as it is posted.

HD|2704984|||W4AN|A|HV|03/25/2005|03/25/2015|||B|||||||||||||||||N||EDWARD|W|SLEIGHT||TREASURE-SOUTH
EAST CONTEST CLUB||||||||03/25/2005|03/25/2005||||

As soon as the license comes, I will transfer the Trusteeship to John,
along with all supporting documentation.

One warning, although this is the definitive database from the FCC, if
you downloaded the L-AMAT file ( and it's some 68 MB long in zipped
format ), you will find that Bill is also listed as the holder of the
license also. However, other databases within L-AMAT contain other
information which shows the license has been cancelled, and reissued
to the Club.

Surprisingly, calls which have been reissued for years, or have
expired years ago still show up in the database.

For anyone who would like to use the call in the meantime, just send
me a message and I'll grant permission on a first come basis. Although
I hope to have the trustee changed by the GQP, I would like to give
first choice to a "rover" of the Club. But, members can decide that.
Perhaps a short amendment to the "you know what" might be in order.

Another short point I would like to bring up. As John noted, the
Trustee can be changed, but not by a vote of the membership. Any
change must be signed by at least 1 officer, and that is by his/her
prerogative. Strangely enough, the Trustee has absolutely no control
over such a change. For example, with the signature of one officer,
the Trustee may be changed, but another submission signed by another
officer could change it again.
With that in mind, I believe a short amendment to "you know what" may
be in order. I should also note that ANY class of Licensee EXCEPT a
Novice may be the Trustee. Opinions are solicited.

Speaking of "you know what", that document requires all proposed
candidates for election be posted on the reflector at least 6 weeks (
I think ) in advance of elections. Since the new officers will be
elected in a couple of months, that deadline is fast approaching. So
all of you who have the feeling to move to Tasmania to escape being
nominated should plan accordingly.

Finally, as John noted, a great BIG round of applause is due to W8JI.
Without his efforts, I seriously doubt we could have accomplished
this.

73
Ed