[SECC] W4AN - SECC Club Call

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 29 09:46:39 EST 2005

Hello all:

Thanks to the Herculean efforts over many months by SECC treasurer,K4SB
with the assistance of W8JI and Bill Fisher's mother, the callsign W4AN
has been issued to the South East Contest Club.  Ed, K4SB, is the
current custodian of the call.  The plan is to transfer the
custodianship to me.  Of course, the club can change the custodian by a
vote at any time.

Any member who wants to use the club call for a contest or other
worthwhile activity must get permission of the custodian of the
callsign.  I am already receiving QSL cards from the bureau for W4AN, so
that will continue.  When the call has been used, I will order some QSLs
that will give us the opportunity to fill in the county and state and
grid square at the time of the QSO.  Anyone using the call may handle
his/her own QSLing, if desired, but a copy of all logs must be furnished
to me or a successor QSL manager so that we can be sure that all
requested QSLs are answered to the extent that the contacts were
actually made.  The logs must indicate the county, state, and grid
square for QSOs made.  A log must be kept for all use of the callsign.

Kent, it would be appropriate to advertise the club call on the club
website.

Again, many thanks to Ed, Tom, and Bill's mother, Linda Ortman.  I am
copying Linda with a copy of this message so she will know that our
efforts were successful.

73,

John, K4BAI
VP, SECC.