[SECC] Log submissions to ARRL

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri May 6 13:21:14 EDT 2005

Please.  Rather than harming the entire club by refusing to submit logs
to ARRL, please consider disconnecting computer control for the contest
weekend.  Then, your log would not show the exact frequency you were
transmitting on, and you wouldn't get into the same trouble as the
former KC2LLM.  Of course, you are nearly all Extra class ops, so you
would only be concerned about out-of-band contacts.  You can check your
Cabrillo file before submitting your score and either change the
frequency of an out-of-band QSO or delete it.  My approach would be to
leave it in and take the consequences.  But, if you are concerned about
giving evidence against yourself, you can edit out any such admissions.

No one, including Riley, is interested in punishing any ham for an
occasional inadvertent error.  Apparently, the former Ukranian ham
involved here was regularly exceeding the Technician license class
restrictions on his license and operating as if he were at home in UR or
were a non-US citizen temporarily in the US.  I worked him several times
in the General class bands in contests and heard him other times.  He
sounded like a very good CW operator.  I had no idea what his license
class was.  The guest operator scenario where he was disqualified wasn't
the only violation they had caught him in.

Remember that club aggregate scores is one of the principal reasons that
we have SECC and that, because we submit a lot of good scores to
sponsors such as ARRL, we have had a hand in selecting WRTC participants
in the past.  QRX for application rules for WRTC 2006 in Brazil. I
understand that they should be published within the next 30 days.

73,

John, K4BAI.