[SECC] CA QP Certificate and Network Analyzer

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Fri May 6 21:35:24 EDT 2005

Even though I probably placed about 9,873,321st place, I received a 'High
Achievement In Georgia' award from the NCCC. Very nice looking wall paper
and as Bill say's, something like this would encourage folks to have
long-term interested in the GQP contest.

For the Valdosta ARC Field Day I have suggested we have our own internal
'contest'. High score CW, High score SSB, High score QRP, and High score
VHF/UHF within the VARC will each win perhaps a bottle of great red wine
from Social Circle, Georgia. We are hoping to spark more (or I should say
'some') interest within the VARC. Field Day organizers will not be eligible
for any awards, which is a shame because I love Social Circle Red!

I have an Anritsu Network/Spectrum Analyzer that covers 10 Hz to 30 MHz in
one (heavy) package. It is capable of measuring magnitude, phase, delay
time, crosstalk, frequency spectrum, level, and noise. It is a professional
piece of test equipment. I also have a dual-directional coupler with 35 to
40 dB isolation from 1MHz to 40MHz. I'm making this test gear available to
qualified SECC members. By 'qualified' I mean it does take some electronics
design experience to use it. I also have the operators manual available to
loan out with it, but keep in mind it has a 'learning curve'.

The only 'catch' to this is that if you break it, you fix it. Plus you must
drive to Cecil, Ga. (I-73 Exit 32) to get it, and bring it back. Next year I
plan to sell it. The drive to Exit 32 probably will cost at most a tank full
of gas, buying or renting a unit like this is in the $5000 area. You borrow
it from me, no rent or any cost associated with the loan.

Tommy

W4BQF