[SECC] I am a LID

Macie, Gordon GMacie at innotrac.com
Mon Nov 21 10:21:46 EST 2005

I had a run it with a net on 40 meters Sunday morning.. I was on freq someting like 7.244.75 and the net control started up on 7255. In the next hours several stations came to my freq some identified , some not accusing me on qrming them. I tried to slide down but about 1/2 kc was all I could move without qrming someone else. It amazes that people on a net wouldn't be able to find their net if it was 1 kc up... So they are nowing discussing me on a yahoo group as a lid... It was apparently some kind of ex military net. One station came on freq (no call of course) and told me that was no way to treat a veteran. I not sure what that has to do with radio etiquette. Of course I informed him that I was also a veteran... Oh well....
I have received from one of their group a private email. I haven't decided whether I want to respond to it or not.. They were comments about a ham test question about moving for a net... I really cant believe that is in the fcc rules or on a test but I will dowload the latest part 95 and research... One of the guys pointed out he had been a ham 35 years and hadn't seen any one refuse to move for a net... The net control who started taking pre checkins was in texas and 20 over nine so Im sure he heard me when he continuouly asked for pre checkins... No one has claimed I wasn't there first... They weren't not running any traffic emergency or otherwise.. It seems like a holier than though attitude that their activity is more important than mine... Oh well.... just venting.. I have to admit the veteran comment ticked me off...

Gordon N4LR