[SECC] I am a LID

Tom Drake tbdrake at charter.net
Mon Nov 21 15:59:30 EST 2005

To All SECC:

Normally I'd figure that Gordon just had a run-in with some disgruntled
idiots.  Yes,  the phone bands are rife with them. But,  this is too much.

As a current VE (active since 1984)  I know there are NO provisions in PART
97 (Part 95 regulates Citizen Band) that allow ANYONE to claim ANY FREQUENCY
except by prior occupancy.  N4LR established prior occupancy and provided
that his signal was compliant with respect to spectral purity,  the
frequency was his until he relinquished.  If you doubt this,  ask K1MAN.  If
they heard N4LR from 10+ khz away,  someone had a problem.  Again,  nets
with published schedules have no claim to any frequency,  regardless of
their purpose.

As a veteran also,  that crap would make me angry too.  One wonders what his
service record is, or is it as imaginary as the call sign.

This sort of behavior erupts during almost every SSB contest.  Expect it and
deal with it.  As I heard once on 75,  " You can have the frequency if you
can take it!"

Thanks to all who worked us at WW4LL this weekend.  W4NTI was plenty loud
Sunday night in Sharpsburg on 20.

Tom NN4RR