[SECC] Practice Session for CQWW CW This Thursday

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 23 09:40:21 EST 2005

NCCC THURSDAY  NIGHT MADNESS continues this week, Nov. 24, local date in
North America.

Northern California Contest Club invites contesters around the world
(especially expeditioners) to use this  focused  opportunity to check out
antennas, logging S/W, propagation, etc. , in preparation for the big event
this coming weekend.  I suggest we use normal CQWW rules, EXCEPT one point
allowed for Qs in same country, like WPX rules.  We want to encourage rate,
as well as DX mults/points in this one-time practice event.  There is no
real score reporting, so don't worry about your logging program scoring the
1 pointers, just work 'em!

   --30 mins   0330-0400Z , Nov. 25
-- Start 0330Z (1930 PT, 2030 MT, 2130 CT 2230 ET, Nov. 24)

-- Normal CQWW CWrules, NO DUPES on same band

-- Suggested rally center freq:  1810, 3540, 7040, 14040, 21040, 28040

-- Report scores near 3830 LSB after the practice,  at 0400Z (8 PM PST) on
the weekly NCCC
contest net).  Real-time score collecting, bragging, excuses, antenna
checks,
advice..

Next week, Dec. 2,  0330-0400Z,  we'll practice on 160m, a warmup for the
ARRL 160m contest.

   N6RO
<kenkeeler at jazznut.com>
http://jazznut.com/n6ro/n6rostart.htm