[SECC] Claimed Score, K4TD, CQWW CW - 2005

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Mon Nov 28 09:27:27 EST 2005

K4TD wrote:
I was appalled at the operating habits of some of the
contesters that I listened to in the pileups.  In most of the pileups I
noticed that the operators would repeatedly send their calls over and over
sometimes even while the DX station was transmitting. ............

Very true Rick, and very frustrating. It often leads to the DX station
QSYing to another band.

I also noticed that some stations, in order to be the first station
calling, would start their call before the DX station would break. DUH.
I was also amused at the number of stations that completed a QSO on the
DX station's frequency while the DX station was working spilt.

I also notice similar things in other DX piles ups, not in a contest.
These guys start sending their call, pause and when they don't hear the
DX station calling them back, immediately start sending again.

I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this.  Maybe we
could start a published list of LID operators? Of course, that might
start a contest to see who can work their way to the top of the list.

And congratulations on a nice score for a limited time operation.

Jerry, K4SAV