[SECC] Claimed Score, K4TD, CQWW CW - 2005

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Mon Nov 28 19:34:39 EST 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 9:27 AM, K4SAV wrote:

> I also notice similar things in other DX piles ups, not in a contest.
> These guys start sending their call, pause and when they don't hear
> the
> DX station calling them back, immediately start sending again.

I do this. Particularly if I've determined the DX station isn't
getting calls right out of the pile. The trick is to pause and
listen. You don't just pause and then transmit. You have to be able
to hear the DX.

If the DX is really weak, or there's  bunch of goobs covering him up,
you can't do this. But a timed call like this will often put you out
there in the clear. Worked for me a number of times this weekend. I
don't believe I slowed down any DX station at all.

My only complaint are the many guys who wanted to put me into eastern
europe and insist I was TA4LR....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901