[SECC] Reminder, Last NCCC Thurs Sprint Tonight

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 1 10:20:55 EDT 2005

I feel somewhat shallow in posting a trivial thing like this in the
light of the disaster and hardship which have befallen so many people in
the Gulf Coast and New Orleans.  Many of the CTDXCC stations may be
monitoring the traffic frequencies or passing traffic.  If people wish
to take a break, for thirty minutes, the final (eleventh) NCCC Sprint
practice will be held tomorrow evening at the usual time (Central
Daylight time 9:30PM-9:59PM) and the usual places (the center
frequencies are 14040, 7040, and 3540).

Since this is the final practice for the "real" Sprint which will be
coming up Saturday night, September 10 local time, I plan to increase my
speed to 32 WPM to confirm that I have the mechanics down at a more
Sprint-like speed.

Note that in the NCCC NS, one can work a "dupe" once both stations have
made at least one intervening QSO.  So be sure to set your software so
you can "work dupes."  20 meters usually is good the entire time (only
30 minutes) and also 40 is open as well.  Toward the end of the thirty
minutes, activity drops off on 20 meters and switches to 40 meters as
the main band.

The "Texas locals" known to have been active in these NS-sprint sessions
are KE5C, K5OT, W5JAW, K5NA, N3BB plus K5NZ and K5PTC (N1LM operator)
near Houston.  Several of these are have using 3540 for the last 5
minutes for a bit of activity combined with 40 meters if we are SO2R.
Some of the other active stations including K4BAI and N4OGW (hopefully
Tor will be able to get power and be on) have been on 80 meters at the
end, making 80 a pretty active frequency right at 3540-3541.

Additional info from N6ZFO:

-- 100 watts max, dupes allowed after 1 intervening Q; 1 KHz QSY.
       Otherwise it's like the NCJ NA CW Sprint (see
http://www.ncjweb.com/sprintrules.php )

-- Rules at www.nccc.cc/pdf/ns_rules.pdf

73,

Jim George N3BB