[SECC] GaQP N4GG SOABCW HP

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Mon Apr 10 07:09:50 EDT 2006

                    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: CHER
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

   80:  126
   40:  283
   20:  202
   15:    6
   10:    3
--------------------
Total:  620     0  CW Mults = 46  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 57,040

2X FT1000MP+Inrad+Acom2000A, WL10.58E, Homebrew SO2R, Wires in the
woods.
The activity level seemed high and there was plenty of DX calling in the
first night.  Unfortunately, the QRN on 80 Saturday night was about the
worst I have ever worked through, as Friday's line of thunderstorms
still had not made it across the GA/FL line.

I worked K4BAI/M in RAND at ESP level, and that was it for rovers.  They
had huge pileups going at times - great job guys!

There were a lot of out-of-state folks going at it seriously, so maybe
all those plaques do make a difference.  Sunday afternoon was slow - a
good time to practice SO2R skills and try new things.  Sorry if I came
back slowly or in lid-fashion, I was in experiment mode most of Sunday.

I started out thinking I would do CW and SSB, but the early CW rates
were so good I stayed with CW only.  Might have to try SSB next year.

73, Hal, N4GG

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/