[SECC] 06 GQP

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Mon Apr 10 08:55:44 EDT 2006

Georgia QSP Party 2006

Who ordered those 2 pm Saturday storms and the solar storms????

SCORE: 57232

Call:		W4BQF
Operator:	W4BQF
Station:	W4BQF

Class:	SOAB CW HP
QTH:	Cook
Operating time:  11.5 hrs

Summary

Band	QSOs

80	74
40	292
20	217
15	1
	------
	584

Points:	1168
Multi's		49

Score:		57232

Station:
Omni 6 Plus....Titan 3 amp.....80m dipole...YPlog....three pots of
coffee...lots of Macadamia/chocolate chip cookies.

Weather and band conditions could not have been any worse. Normally I
try to dig out QRP stations, but with 30dB over QRN just could not do
it. QRP in high QRN conditions is not a great way to operate. It was
jump back and forth between 40m and 20m. At times when 20m seemed
completely dead for the US, a DX station would pop out of the noise
and be very copyable. Could only work the stronger sigs on 80m
because of the QRN. Boy, the band was booming the first hour, my
first hour rate got up to 160 Q/h, later one quick shot at 200 Q/h
and then another 150 Q/h. Other than that, the rates seemed
reasonable. I think Mike did a great job in getting the word out for the GQP!

Tom - W4BQF
Eastern suburbs of Cecil, Ga.