[SECC] VE7CC questoins

Jim Stafford w4qo at amsat.org
Thu Aug 17 20:36:13 EDT 2006

Gang,

I've tried using the VE7CC spotting software but here are a couple
questions:

1. I have all the filters set for CW only,yet when I CONNECT to KS4Q
node, it drops a hundred spots into the buffer and it includes the
entire band, not just CW.  I do have the spotters set to K,VE only and
that is working fine - only spots posted by K,VE spotters appear.  When
I do a sh/filter included is this line:
DX BandMode Filter set to Pass:
160-CW,80-CW,40-CW,30-CW,20-CW,17-CW,15-CW,12-CW,10-CW,4-MTR
so I'm pretty sure the filters are set to CW only.  Since 80% of the
spots are phone, that's a lot to wade thru!

2. I tried to connect to KS4Q-1 as requested by Ernie but try as I may,
I cannot get it to connect to the CC node, only get the AR node as I
recall (KS4Q).  KS4Q-1 is not in the list of available nodes in VE7CC
and I can't seem to add it, even tho I tried dx.ks4q.net:7373 address.

Any ideas?

--
Jim Stafford W4QO Roswell, GA USA