[SECC] VE7CC questoins

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Thu Aug 17 21:02:55 EDT 2006

CC cluster is a little 'strange'. First, one of the things that does
not yet work in CC cluster is mail, so you have to email Ernie
direct. Second thing is in AR-User, the WWV spots do not show up on
historical information, you have to wait until the next WWV
announcement is made, and then the WWV window in the DX window will
work. Third is when you set filters to pass only the CW bands, CC
cluster will come back and tell you what bands are REJECTED! That
confused the heck out of me, but it works. (Once you set your
filters, as a test, log out of AR-User, then log back in and you
should see only spots originated by K, VE.)

You can add KS4Q-1 to VE7CC's AR-User by clicking on 'Configuration',
then Cluster (Telnet). A window will come up with 'Node', 'Add',
'Exit'. You type KS4Q-1 and then click on 'Add'. When you click on
'Add', the window changes and you now have space to put his address
and port. Once you do that, click on 'Apply' and you have addded
KS4Q-1 to the cluster data base.

KS4Q-1  Address: dx.ks4q.net:7373       You do not add anything to 'Port'.

Once you have done that, click on 'Configure', then Cluster (Telnet)
and type KS4Q-1 in the 'Node' window, then click 'Exit'. KS4Q-1
should appear in the 'Connect' window at the top of AR-User window.

Hope this helps.

Tom - W4BQF