[SECC] Clicks in the loop

Daniel Jeswald w4nti at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 1 21:03:41 EST 2006

I think you have figured it out.  It is very likely a electric fence
charging system.   W1RFI at ARRL could help I think.

Dan/W4NTI

(40 - 50hz) that is picked up by a K9AY loop? The noise is more pronounced
on 160M than on 80M.  It's too low in the noise to be heard via the tx
antenna, but comes through strong in all 4 directions of the loop.  I'm
guessing it's similar to an electric fence / charging device - although
I've never experienced one via the radio.

> Any suggestions on how to locate and nullify the source?  Thanks es will
be looking for you on 160M this weekend.