[SECC] Mobile Laptop with NA software

Ny4n at aol.com Ny4n at aol.com
Mon Dec 4 15:00:11 EST 2006

Looking for some help, if I may. I am wanting to use my laptop in the mobile
using NA software. I would like the laptop to send CW and log as we go along.

I have a older HP laptop with Windows 98. After loading the newest version of
NA, when in the sending mode, (F1) , it seems to only send dits, not dahs. I
am not sure I have the configuration set correctly. Someone using the same set
up send me how you are set-up, with both equipment and computer settings.

Another thing I was looking at. The MFJ 495 keyer has a RS-232 port built in.
I am wondering if, by hooking the cable from the keyer to the computer via
232, would that be an easier way to use NA than an interface?

Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Be sure to make it where an
old poot like me can understand.  Happy Holidays to all and a super 2007.
Jeff NY4N