[SECC] [SEDXC] BPL

Dan/W4NTI w4nti at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 10 21:44:22 EST 2006

I'm the guy that got Riley started in the Power Line Noise business way back
when I moved into this noise infested part of Anniston, Alabama.

Last year he told me "If it wasn't for the ARRL pushing the power line noise
issue I (FCC) wouldn't do a thing about it".  Or words similar to that.

I am lucky tho.  After YEARS of complaining and writing letters to Public
Service (who also told me to get bent) Ala Power finally assigned a man out
of Birmingham to handle me.   And he has tried.  But when you do it like
this.  Find a problem,  report a problem,  wait for the fix,  wait till I
complain,  wait a few more months for various excuses, find the
problem...etc.  It is an endless battle.

As for BPL getting hit by us hams.  I fully intend to run a KW beacon if it
shows up here.

Dan/W4NTI