[SECC] WAE RTTY Results Available

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Fri Mar 24 14:18:15 EST 2006

Interesting!! That was from the '01 contest and while I was still
living in Virginia.

At that time I had one of those 'location, location, location' QTH's
where the proverbial 'wet noodle' would work. Was using an 80m dipole
with one end hung in the top of a 110' maple tree that was on top of
a 60' hill and sloping down the north-northeast face of that hill, on
40m with a Titan 425 running 1.5 kw. I was a mile from the highest
land point in the Washington, DC area. I worked 322 countries on 40m
CW from that one location. Was sent a certificate for "winning....the
single operator division and #26 from the United States", however you
interpt that!

Still struggling here in Cecil to get a really good antenna working
so some day I will have a chance of beating John in at least one contest!

Tom - W4BQF