[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Weekend's Contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 4 13:56:25 EDT 2006

1.  Top of Europe CW Grid Contest
K4EA    131  29  9,309  5.0   SOABHP    SO2R
K4BAI    11   7    217  0:23  SOSB20HP

2.  CIS DX Contest
W6FO/4   13   4     90  1.0   SOLPRTTY
K4BAI     1   1      5  0:01  SOHPCW

3.  Coast-to-Coast FISTS Club Event
K4BAI    37  22    814  4:08  QRO

4.  Arkansas QSO Party
Call  CW Q  Ph Q  Mult  Score  Time   Category
N4PN   1    15    11      187  1.5    SOABMixHP

5.  NCCC Thursday 9/29 Practice Sprint
K4BAI 31          12      372  0.5    LP

6.  October Spartan Sprint
K4BAI 38                   38  1:57   30+#

I made all-time new low scores for me in both the NCCC Sprint Practice
and the Spartan Sprint contests.  Listened a lot, but heard NO Arkansas
stations in their QSO Party.  I bet N4PN wins for high out-of-state score.

This weekend's contests:

1. TARA PSK Rumble.  00-24Z Sat.  160-6M PSK.  Exchange:  Name + country
or call area for W/VE/JA/VK stations.

2.  Oceania DX Contest, Phone.  08Z Sat to 08Z Sun.  160-10M Phone.  RS
+ serial #.  Not much activity in this one in recent years, but there
are a lot of new Foundation licensees QRV in VK land.  I think they have
four-letter suffixes.

3.  European Autumn Sprint.  1600-1959Z Sat.   40-20 SSB.  Exchange both
callsigns + serial # + name.  I think there is a QSY rule.

4.  California QSO Party.  16Z Sat - 2159Z Sun.  160-2M CW/Ph.  Exchange
serial # + SPC or CA county.  New list of CA county abbreviations on the
website.  Be sure your multiplier file is up to date.  Remember to show
South East Contest Club as your club on your log and let's try to win
the out-of-state aggregate score competition this year.  We were pretty
close last year.

5.  10-10 International 10-10 Day Sprint.  0001Z-2359Z October 10.
Starts Monday night local and goes until Tuesday night.  There was
pretty fair activity in this one last year.  Hope for some openings on
10M.  Exchange Name + SPC + 10-10 # if you have one.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a lot of QSOs, especially with
California stations.  Ga native Rusty, W6OAT (formerly K4BVD) will be
with Tom, K5RC, running Northern California counties in CQP.

73,

John, K4BAI.