[SECC] Alabama Contest Group and SECC Club Circle

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 9 16:02:30 EDT 2006

K4SB wrote:
Personally, I believe we have far too many members of the Club who
do not meet the criteria of at least 2 submissions per year of any
contests. And posting your score to the 3830 Ref. does NOT qualify.

I do not know the effect of cleaning out the dead wood, but as a
start, before any movement of the circle is done, we need to know
just who is not contributing, and remove them from membership in the
Club. ( I did NOT say remove them from the reflector )

Who ever is the keeper of the roster should update it. It is badly out of date.
There is no reason to remove anyone unless they have moved out of the area
and no longer contribute to the club in any way. Good examples of people you
don't want to remove are K9AY, who now lives in W9 but like to keep in touch and
Val, N4RJ, who has recently been getting back on the air after an absence for awhile.

Also :
And everyone should keep in mind it's getting late in the year with
some pretty serious contests coming up. If we're going to do it,
it has to be done quickly.

And everyone should remember the circle ONLY applies to ARRL contests.
Yet, I have never seen a DX member of th Club or a ham without a
4 in the call submit a single score for us.

I don't think it's too late since we seem to be moving the circle randomly depending on who
is going to be on. For example for SS we will probably be using the variation of the circle
that includes W4OC.

Also, note the circle for ARRL is a 175 radius but CQ also has a circle which is 275 KM or
about 170.8 miles....

Jeff