[SECC] Counterpoise anyone?

K4SAV RadioIR at charter.net
Mon Oct 23 13:06:38 EDT 2006

Yeah, I saw that, but passed based on a comment W8JI made about using
this type wire. Here is his quoted comment:

"The very thin porous overlay on standard MIG wire will disappear in
any condition when exposed to moisture, even if the wire is suspended
in air. I have to watch how extra wire reels for my MIG welders is
stored, because if the wire gets damp it rusts almost immediately.73,
Tom W8JI"

It's an interesting place to browse for junk.  A few months back, right
before copper prices went crazy, I found 1000 ft spools of #12 TFFN for
$7.  I have a good supply now. No, they don't have any more.

Jerry, K4SAV