[SECC] Announcement 2006 Calif QSO Party

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 3 22:23:53 EDT 2006

Hello all: Remember there is a club competition in this contest.  Let's
win it this year.  We have been second a time or two.  73, John.

HI Fellow Contestors,

The California QSO Party is now five weeks away - October 7-8.

Begins: 1600Z (Noon     EDT - 09:00 AM PDT) - Saturday, 7 October.
Ends:   2159Z (05:59 PM EDT - 02:59 PM PDT) - Sunday,   8 October.

Full details, rules, and lots of information is at: http://www.cqp.org/.

The major change this year is multiplier names have been updated.
See http://www.cqp.org/cqp_multipliers.html.  Several major logging
software packages have already been updated to support the mult
names.

Go to: http://www.cqp.org/Software.html for details and directions.

As Jeff, WK6I noted, we are again offering a bottle of Twisked Oak
wine to the top 20 finishers in state, as well as the top 20
out of state finishers.

We also have 33 plaques (real lumber for your wall!) to award this
year.  Thanks to all the sponsors.  And, of course, certificates!

W6ZZZ and W0YK have added quite a bit of history and fascinating
statistics to the CQP web site.  Take a look.

Despite declining activity from the Sun, five new records were
set last year! How many will go down this year?  And, three of
the great CQP ops - AD6E, K6SRZ, and NI6T are back from K7C
this year.

Club competition continues to be strong - the secret: The club with
the most logs submitted generally wins. So, rally your club members
and earn that plaque.

N6TV has worked to get all 58 counties on the air - six to go!

So - come join the party, get into the fall contesting season,
and have some fun!

73,
-KR- WB6S
CU in the Calif QSO Party - Oct 7-8