[SECC] Trade: Tower for Mini-Beam/Rotator

JT Croteau jt.w6fo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 10:59:51 EDT 2006

This tower project I have been thinking about is probably more of a
project, logisitcally and financially, than I should have taken on.
Dipoles are working better than I thought at my hilltop QTH, I just
lack the directivity now. Therefore, I'd kind of like to trade it for
a small beam, or even a rotatable dipole, and rotator that I could put
on my rooftop.

The tower is a Heights 55' free-standing crankup.  It was originally
at K4DN's QTH and taken down a few months ago.  It needs some work but
still a very usable tower.  It is currently taken apart and in 8'
sections.  At a minimum, you will need a base plate, new wire cable,
and a top plate with rotator shelf.  Some of the pulleys on the
telescoping sections may need to be reworked.

Parts are still available from the manufacturer in Florida:
http://heightstowers.com/

--
 JT Croteau - W6FO - Canton, GA
 ARS #2,147 | NoGA-QRP | SEDXC | SECC | ARRL