[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

Dan/W4NTI w4nti at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 28 19:25:39 EDT 2006

No JT I don't think I am "painting with a very broad brush".  Look....if
you, or anyone else, can only copy machine generated Morse,  i.e.
computer, tapes, or in other words not off the AIR as in a real radio.
Then you can't possibly copy CW off of the 40 meter band at any useful
speed.  No one operates at the useless speed of 5 wpm.  In fact I can't
even copy 5 WPM.  It is too slow.   Instead of H I hear four E's.  A O
to me at 5 wpm is Three T's.  And I'm not trying to be a smart Arse,
that is just the way it is.

What I am trying to say is......if you don't read CW,  then how are you
going to know it is actually being used on the "channel" the TTY guy is
fixing to dump on.  That is the only explaination I have....other
than........THEY KNOW FULL WELL CW IS ON IT AND JUST DON'T CARE AND DUMP
RIGHT ON TOP.  So which is worse?  Right.

I think dropping to 5 wpm accomplished NOTHING.  The Extra Class used to
mean something.  The 1X2 call,  heck the 1X3 W and K,  used to mean
something.  All it means now is you payed your money for a dead man's
call. But that's another subject.

That's my opinion.  And it is not meant to be personal.  Because that is
what the FCC has decided.  Of course they support BPL also.  Nuff
said...right?

Dan/W4NTI