[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

JT Croteau jt.w6fo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 18:48:11 EDT 2006

On 9/28/06, Dan/W4NTI <w4nti at mindspring.com> wrote:
> * Then please allow me to correct my statement.....
> Change "new RTTY operators"  to "new RTTY operators
> with minimal to NO CW abilities just don't give a rip about
> CW".

Ahem.

Painting with a very broad brush again Dan, but I still love ya and
only busting your chops.

I don't operate CW mainly cause I am too lazy to learn beyond the
mental block I set in my mind when I passed my 5 WPM novice exam.  I
am only an Extra today because they took away the 20 WPM requirement.

I still love to listen to CW though and admire those who choose this
mode as their only mode and are really good at it.  Hell, my original
vanity call, W6CFO, which led to my current 1x2 call, was in salute to
the Chicken Fat Operators.. a group of very fine high speed operators.
 I only changed calls because I always wanted a 1x2.

One of these days I will get off my lazy butt and learn it correctly
and start using it.  I just built a PicoKeyer to use with my TenTec
Argosy and waiting for some paddles to come in.  Until then, I am
having fun with RTTY and Hellscheiber modes and respecting my QRP CW
friends down on 7.030, 7.040, and 14.060.

--
 JT Croteau - W6FO - Canton, GA
 ARS #2,147 | NoGA-QRP | SEDXC | SECC | ARRL