[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

Dan/W4NTI w4nti at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 28 18:34:21 EDT 2006

AE4Y wrote:
> I've been reading this discussion chain with every intention not to get
> pulled in, but ignoring my better judgment, I have to comment on two
> points made in the last two contributions.
>
> First, it's a gross generalization to say that "new RTTY operators just
> don't give a rip about CW" and one which can not be supported with
> objective evidence.   I've been operating CW for 38 years and RTTY for
> about 5 years.  I still enjoy and respect CW as my preferred mode of
> operation.  Based on the growing number of familiar call signs that I
> routinely work during RTTY contests, it's apparent that large numbers of
> other old time CW contesters/operators are also enjoying the mode.

*     Then please allow me to correct my statement......Change "new RTTY
operators"  to "new RTTY operators
     with minimal to NO CW abilities just don't give a rip about CW".

     MY experience is RTTY is constantly opening up on TOP OF CW QSO's.
And not only during contest times.
     Again I am refering to 40 meters.  I have not noticed this type of
lid activities on other bands.

     Red is for seperation of text only.

     Dan/W4NTI

*