[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

Dan/W4NTI w4nti at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 29 18:08:55 EDT 2006

I have waited and NOT responded to this.  But after sleeping on it a
bit,  and thinking it over....well here it is......

I passed every single one of my FCC exams in front of the FCC.  With the
exception of the Novice,  which I held a few days over 3 MONTHS.

I passed my General in Pittsburgh PA in a LARGE echo chamber they called
a testing room.  Of nearly 300 applicants,  11 passed.  I was one of
them.  At age 14.  That was 13 words per minute,  send and receive.  5
minutes for the length of the test you must copy solid for 1 minute out
of 5... OR YOU FAILED.  And you came back next month.

Then the FCC took away half of what I earned with Incentive licensing.
I eventually upgraded and got it all back.  And my last test was taken
in GERMANY at Ramstein AFB while I was in the military.  And that was 20
WPM,  with the same criteria as above.

Does this give you some idea why SOME OF US have a problem with the
removal of a MAJOR requirement to get a ham license?  We EARNED
it......What did you do?

I did NOT make an effort to irritate you, or degrade you.  However you,
in your next message this morning, have decided to call me and most of
us here OF's.  Gee... do you think that means "Old Farts",  or ???  Well
I now know and understand your character,  and Sir..it is lacking.

This group of Gentlemen are First Class Operators.  Many have been
around longer than  you have been alive.  I think you owe them all an
apology.  If you have a problem,  deal with me.

Dan/W4NTI
Anniston,  Alabama