[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

JT Croteau jt.w6fo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 18:49:46 EDT 2006

On 9/29/06, Dan/W4NTI <w4nti at mindspring.com> wrote:
> This group of Gentlemen are First Class Operators.  Many have been
> around longer than  you have been alive.  I think you owe them all an
> apology.  If you have a problem,  deal with me.

I don't think I owe anyone an apology.  What have I done wrong?

You are the one calling yourself the better man than I because you
passed all the exams "in front of the FCC".  Big deal, times have
changed, I am quite a bit younger than you are.   I could not go about
it the way you did, how is this my fault?   By the sounds of it, you
are old enough to be my old man.  You are stuck in the old days Dan
and I'm only sorry that you are having a hard time accepting the
change.

The OF comment was made in jest, meant to be taken as humor, and I've
been using it for years on other reflectors where it has been accepted
as such.  Hell, I called myself an OB, Old Bastage, and I'm not
offended.  If you are so offended by a simple OF comment, I am
surprised you are on the Internet at all.  Some people are way too
sensitive.

I have received more positive email than I have received negative
comments saying I'm doing something wrong.  You are the only one who
seems to have a problem, if you want me off the reflector.. just say
so.  I have done nothing but state how I respect CW ops and do not
stomp on them with my RTTY signal.  I made an honest statement of how
I am a 5 WPM Extra but want to improve on this, and the next minute
you are attacking me stating that I am not worthy.  I think it is YOU
who owe me an apology.

But I digress.

--
  JT Croteau - W6FO - Canton, GA
  ARS #2,147 | NoGA-QRP | SEDXC | SECC | ARRL