[SECC] GaQP N4NX Single Op LP

Bill Barr N4NX billn4nx at alltel.net
Tue Apr 17 19:50:02 EDT 2007

    Georgia QSO Party

Call: N4NX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WHIT
Operating Time (hrs): 15:30

   80:    45                7              52
   40:  181            583            764
   20:  105            117            222

Total:  331           707             1038        CW Mults = 49  Ph Mults = 53  Total Mults 102  Total Score = 139,638

Eqpt:  FT-920    Viking Antenna Tuner       (3) dipoles 80, 40,20

Operated from our Mountain home in Sautee, GA  ( WHITE county ) .  Although My dipoles are less than 40' off ground the elevation drops sharply by approx 1000' in all directions.  On Saturday night had thunder storms and High winds.  On Sunday had consistent winds of more than 40 MPH ( Gust over 50 MPH ).  This is the only disadvantage of being on the top of a mountain! Only the 20 meter dipole survived the entire storm.  The 80 meter dipole went down about an hour before end of contest and  thankfully the 40 meter dipole waited until just after the contest ended to blow away!!

As someone else stated 40 meters was the money band.  Somehow I missed Hawaii or would have had WAS.  Had a lot of  /AG stations call, so it looks like good or bad the NO CODE ( or as many of us like to say "KNOW CODE" ) has added to our contest population.

Used N1MM as my logging program and has already been reported it screwed up mults ( counted new countries worked as Mults ).  I haven't submitted my logs to Mike as yet because I am massaging the log, however the above score should be correct.

As always I had great fun.  My thanks to Mike and all the others who have helped to make this contest a CLASS A QSO Party.

73
Bill