[SECC] Huntsville Hamfest

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Mon Aug 20 08:02:41 EDT 2007

Hi Rick,

This sounds like a great idea to me.  This was my first Huntsville
hamfest - but Ill be going back.   I thought the drive was easy, the
venue first rate (air conditioned flea market - OKAY!), and the size was
really FB - not too small, not too big.  I got to see and talk with lots
of friends from the extended area as well as the ARRL.  It won't be an
ARRL National Convention next year of course, but it will still be a
very good hamfest.  The ARRL crew considers it one of the "top ten"
hamfests in the US each year.

We have good relations now with TCG and ACG as far as I can tell, but
working together on a project for next year will help strengthen those
relationships.  The Ten-Tec/SEDCO hamfest is coming up next month (Sept
29) BTW - another good one that is an easy drive from Atlanta and a good
chance to meet and greet our TCG friends. Ill be presenting there along
with W4PA and other contesters.

I'm all for sponsoring a hospitality suite - count me in for support.  A
contest forum sounds good as well.

73, Hal

N4GG