[SECC] Fw: NAQP SSB KU8E Single Op HP

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 20 16:59:20 EDT 2007

Hi Gang,

I like the idea of a contest that limits power to say 100W out.  Years ago
the ARRL SS gave you a mult for running 150 watts input or less (about 100 W
out).  Most winners ran the low power mult.  I had a single 4-400A with a
auto transformer that I replaced with a 4-125A and had an official of the
local radio club certify that I ran 150 watts.  I found out later there were
cheaters back then, too.

We have to rely on honesty as 100 watts and a beam certainly should reach
coast to coast.

The log checking process is not able to verify honesty only the contacts as
in the log.  I found the same problem that N4GG found on the new 60 meter
band.  I carefully cut my Yaesu back to 50 watts some of the gang blew me
away.  One Ohio station actually ran an amp so that is why he was 20DB over
in England when the rest of us were S7.  Leaves a bad taste doesn't it!

Dave K4JRB