[SECC] Fw: NAQP SSB KU8E Single Op HP

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Mon Aug 20 21:32:43 EDT 2007

On Aug 19, 2007, at 7:44 PM, Hal Kennedy wrote:

> SSB is a non-starter for me in August.  Nobody can hear me.

I had the best three hours of any NAQP Phone this weekend on 40m
using 100 watts.

> After an hour, two
> years ago, I turned on the amps - and DQ'd myself and sent in a check
> log.

..

> There are guys who year after year are WAY TOO LOUD to be at 100W.

You and Jeff made the same complaint, yet you both were running more
than 100 watts. Maybe some of those loud guys were doing the same
thing as you -- turning in a checklog.

> I think there is significant power cheating in NAQP - January and
> August,
> but much more so in August.
>
> August should have an HP category - just my opinion.

HP would destroy the NAQP completely.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901