[SECC] Use of W4AN Club Callsign; NAQP Plaque Sponsorship

John T. Laney III k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 23 16:58:35 EST 2007

Hello all:

1.  I will be using the SECC club call high power from the W8JI QTH in
the Stew Perry Top Band Distance Challenge next weekend.  All QSOs
appreciated.  As you may recall, this is an exchange of four-character
grid squares (such as EM72) and it runs from 15Z Sat to 15Z Sun, but you
may operate only 14 hours out of the 24 hours.  You may use another call
QRPduring your off time, so I will probably operate a couple of hours as
K4BAI with 5 watts QRP.  Extra points are added to the scores of
stations who work QRP stations.

2.  I have had only one volunteer to pay $10.00 toward the NAQP plaques
sponsored by SECC and that is K2SX.  So with me, that covers $20.00 of
the $70.00 cost.  I will pay the difference if no one else kicks in a
ten spot, but we have had more volunteers than needed to pay for the
plaques in the past.  So, again, the next five who volunteer will have
the privilege of helping pay for the club-sponsored plaque.  Since we
have no dues, an occasional contributing shouldn't be asking too much.
Thanks.

73,

John, K4BAI.