[SECC] Stew Perry Top Band Distance Challenge (Was: Re: Use of W4AN Club Callsign)

KC4HW jimjohnson at alaweb.com
Mon Dec 24 15:13:39 EST 2007

On 23 Dec 2007 at 16:58, John T. Laney III wrote:

>  I will be using the SECC club call high power from the W8JI QTH in
> the Stew Perry Top Band Distance Challenge next weekend.  All QSOs
> appreciated.  As you may recall, this is an exchange of four-character
> grid squares (such as EM72) and it runs from 15Z Sat to 15Z Sun, but
> you may operate only 14 hours out of the 24 hours.  You may use
> another call QRPduring your off time, so I will probably operate a
> couple of hours as K4BAI with 5 watts QRP.  Extra points are added to
> the scores of stations who work QRP stations.

Hey John and Everyone,

I am planning a small part time effort for Stew Perry Top Band Distance Challenge.  My
dipole at 65' and 200 watts of RF will be radiating from EM71 as best as it can.  You will know
you have found me when you hear the slow CW...  Perhaps some of the wizbang ops will
slow down for me...  hi hi

GL to all!

Jim/KC4HW
http://www.AlabamaContestGroup.org