[SECC] NAQP CW N4GG Single Op LP

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sun Jan 14 10:54:44 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:  152    38
   80:  300    47
   40:  280    44
   20:  187    45
   15:   62    18
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  983   193  Total Score = 189,719

Club:

Team: SECC #1

Comments:

Had zero prep time, so just fired up without any thought to strategy and not
even sure all the wires were still up in the trees.  They were, but I'm one
slot short on my six pak and the 10 was hooked up and the 15 disconnected -
not
good.  The great "benefit" of non-resonant crummy antennas in trees is
everything "works" on every band, so I used the 80M inverted vee on 15 -
didn't
seem to matter much.  Ten was dead - really dead.  15 was the usual West
Coast
SS scenario from this end.  Shuffling antennas caused me to use the poorer
wires on 20 - I really ought to plan this a little in advance!  40, 80 and
160
were first rate.  80 and 160 were particualrly good and working the West
Coast
on 160 with 100W seemed no problem at all - for a change (unlike August).
The
QRN from the midwest storm was nice and loud on 160, but new receiving wires
here helped a lot.  Had the usual EU stations demanding to work me on 40 -
put
10 Qs in the non-contest log just to get them to go away.  The risk is
always
that they will spot you and then its off to the races or QSY.  I didn't move
folks as much as I should have - yet again.
This is a great contest - op skills and courtesy are high - good competition
and plenty of stations to work.

Great to work all the SECC club members - our activity was good!

73
Hal
N4GG