[SECC] FW: NAQP CW NS4T Single Op LP

knason knason at emeraldis.com
Sun Jan 14 11:05:20 EST 2007

                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NS4T
Operator(s): NS4T
Station: NS4T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   28    17
   80:   52    24
   40:   61    26
   20:   27    11
   15:    9     2
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  178    81  Total Score = 14,418

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC #3

Comments:

Well, ya' don't use CW you lose it. Thanks everyone for your patience.
Station working well -- mostly operator problems! Part time effort.

I've a 200' run to a 40/80 mtr vertical. On 80 it has about 125 KHz
bandwidth.
At the low end of the band I calculate I'm losing 90% of my power to
additional line loss caused by high SWR. Bought an auto-tuner at hamfest the
morning of the contest and put it at base of the antenna 30 minutes before
starting. Seemed to be a BIG help as far more responses to CQ's than ever
before. I've more experience with SSB so will know more next weekend with
NAQP SSB. Also put a
4:1 balun on the full size 80 mtr horizontal loop and have noticed
significant improvement there too.

Surprised I found anyone on 10 meters. He answered a CQ on the second go
round.
(THANKS DICK - K2UFT!)

Kevan
NS4T