[SECC] Antenna, tower, and rotor for sale

Roger Hackler roger.hackler at comcast.net
Fri Jun 1 09:10:55 EDT 2007

Due to a move, I must part with my Yagi, tower, and rotor.  Unfortunately,
the new house will not support the installation, so I'm going to Plan B,
which at this time looks like a BigIR vertical.

Here's what I have:

KLM KT-34 with the M2 Upgrade Kit and new Balun - Rebuilt less than 2 years
ago, and plays very well.

Ham 3 rotor with CDE control Box.  Rebuilt by CATS in 2002, no problems at
all with the rotor.

Universal Aluminum B-22 self supporting tower.  50 Feet and rated at 9 ft2
wind load.  Has the thrust bearing installed and rotor shelf.

Everything is currently installed at my old house in Marietta.  The tenants
are ok with it staying up until I can get it down, but I would like to get
it out of there by the middle of July.

Taking the tower down should not be a huge deal, but to do it easily, it
will require 9 people and about an hour.  I will climb to the 35 foot point
and put a 100 foot rope through the tower.  3 people on each leg of the rope
and 3 to walk it down.  The tower currently lists for $1249 without the
thrust bearing and rotor plate..  The base will have to be replaced as it is
in 5 cubic feet of concrete.  The cost of a new base is $125.00 from Texas
Towers.

I want to offer it to SECC and SEDXC members before I have to go with other
options.

How does $800.00 sound for the package?

73 es GL de KN6RO

Roger Hackler