[SECC] Moving the circle

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 25 15:16:54 EDT 2007

It's my understanding that the latest proposed version of the circle
will include W4BQF, KF4GTA, K4WP, KT4ZB, and AA4Z in Georgia and K2SX in
South Carolina who are now outside of the circle without losing anybody
presently in the circle in GA or SC except perhaps K4JPD, depending on
Steve's exact coordinates.  I doubt it is a big thing for Steve either
way.  He joined at my request so he could submit scores, but don't he
has submitted but one in the past several years.  The latest version has
K2SX at the extreme eastern edge, K4BAI at the extreme western edge and
ND4V at the extreme northern edge, all within the circle.  It can't also
include all of NW and SW GA, but I am confident there are no active
members in SW GA and no one has figured out anybody who would be left
out in NW GA other than JPD.  It's been suggested that K4PI, who now
lives within the circle, is building a station that may be outside the
circle.  Mike is pretty active, but I don't think he has ever joined
SECC although he may have submitted some scores when SEDXC wasn't
interested.  There was a time when SECC members submitted CQ 160 contest
scores for SEDXC because they were interested that competition and they
were to submit scores for SECC in other contests.  I think we have two
members in NC, but I believe N4AA and AA4S or maybe it was just AA4S was
still inside the proposed circle.  Neither has subscribed to the
reflector or submitted scores for SECC except when AA4S is an operator
at NQ4I.  Ron has never gotten access to the internet as of my last
report.

I know that no SECC member in Alabama has any interest in submitting
scores for SECC as long as ACG is active to submit scores for.  I am a
member of ACG and subscribe to their reflector.  ACG shows every sign of
being around for the long haul this time.  They have been able to sign
up (even with dues) a number of contesters within our circle that we
were unable to enlist in SECC, including one who just refused because of
unspecified "issues" with SECC or its members.

If there is anybody subscribed to the reflector who has any concern
about the proposed moving of the circle as of the last proposed circle,
that person hasn't said a word.  We know that K4BK's station in FL is
outside of the circle, but he also has a station in Warner Robins, GA
inside the circle.  All of our present SC members remain inside the
circle.  If there is anybody in NW GA outside the new proposed circle,
please let us hear from you.

Frankly, based on Matt's projections and what I have heard, it looks
like a "win-win" situation.  The ACG will continue to grow within its
circle, which includes that FL panhandle group, who were outside
anybody's circle and includes N4OGW in MS, who was outside any contest
club.  Anybody in almost all of SC other than the Myrtle Beach area who
wants to contribute to a club score can join SECC and continue to remain
in the DX clubs in that area.  I understand we will include most of
Charlotte, NC area and anybody who is outside the PVRC circle could join
in with us.  Anybody can join our club and the reflector, even if
outside the circle and these can contribute scores for CQ 160 and other
contests that don't have a circle rule and can join in teams for NAQP,
NA Sprint, etc.

I know that KF4GTA, W4BQF, K2SX, and KT4ZB have submitted scores for
numbers of contests in past years and couldn't be counted for SECC.  I
know that all four of these are interested in being in the circle, along
with AA4Z.  N4RJ and N4FD would also be included in the new circle in GA
along with K4WP and the others in the Savannah area.   K4BG, who is in
the Sylvania, GA area would be another one that we could pick up.  I
think Bob is subscribed to the reflector.  In the SEDXC, we once did a
multi-multi for CQ WW Phone using Bob's old call, K4VHC.

73,  John, K4BAI.