[SECC] 2007 GQP -- How about county line ops to stimulate activity?

Lee Hiers lee.hiers at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 10:38:17 EST 2007

There is another practical reason to *not* operate county lines.  If
you're a mobile, you reduce your QSO total.  I operated mobile from CA
for CQP one year, and at about 5am, we had about run out of folks to
work.  We drove back and forth over a county line about 5 times just
to get  the minimum number of QSOs per county for a bonus....yes, it
was a PITA, but otherwise would have cost us 10 QSOs from the total.

I have never seen a good (competitive) reason to work from a county
line in a state QSO party.

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
"Have Dobro Will Travel"