[SECC] 2007 GQP -- How about county line ops to stimulateactivity?

Ed k4sb at comcast.net
Fri Mar 9 12:37:38 EST 2007

Gordon wrote:
My vote is no.  It is entirely too easy to simulate a county line
where no public roadway exists.

Just how do you simulate a CL if there is no road? Many MARAC members
have software which can determine where you are on county lines.

Plus, many rivers and streams serve as county line borders here in
Georgia and elsewhere. Unless one was in a watercraft of some
sort and in midstream, one would be in one county or the other but
not on the county line.

With respect to Gordon, the above is absolutely FALSE. MARAC's rules
are simple in this respect. You cannot run a "wet" county line from
anywhere, regardless of what craft you are using.

My vote is yes to allow county lines. Also, would really like to see
K4GA used by a rover. Matt, K4AQ, is the Trustee.

73
Ed