[SECC] Announcement, ON QSO Party, April 21/22

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 22 09:02:19 EST 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Ontario QSO Party - One Month Away!
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:48:02 -0400
From: Bob Nash VE3KZ <rtsnash at look.ca>
To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>

Hello Contesters

Mark the weekend of April 21/22. Contest Club Ontario invites all Hello
Contesters

Mark the weekend of April 21/22. Contest Club Ontario invites all
Amateurs to work as many VE3/VA3's as possible in the 50 Counties,
Cities and Districts that subdivide the province of Ontario. This is the
first year that CCO has undertaken the sponsorship of this contest. We
will have our approximately 300 members out in force along with many
others for whom the ONQP is their major contest of the year.

Certificates will be available to the top scores in each
Province/Territory outside Ontario, each state in th U.S.A. and each DX
Country. This is in addition to a large number of awards for those
inside Ontario. We will have three bonus stations on, VA3CCO, VA3RAC and
VE3ODX, all providing 10 point QSO's. Take a look at the revised rules
on the web at http://cco.ve3xd.com/oqp/index.htm , noting particularly
the addition of two more multipliers and the change in the time
schedule. "Whose Going to be on" will gradually fill up as the contest
approaches.

CCO has had a lot of fun participating in other QSO Parties lately,
particularly the California, Florida and Pennsylvania QSO Parties. Bill,
VE3CRU has been our QSO Party guru recently and has entered virtually
every QSO Party in the past year. Bill is sponsoring a plaque for the
high scoring U.S.A. entry. A similar plaque will be awarded to the high
scoring Canadian outside Ontario.

It's CW and phone from 160m to 2m, 2 points for CW and 1 point for
phone. On 80m SSB, it should be easier to nab us now that we can't hide
below 3775! On 40m we will try to spend as much time as possible working
above 7125 or listening split. At the bottom of the cycle 40m is very
long for inter-Ontario QSO's and we really need those QSO's with W's, DX
and other Canadians! 20m should also be good for Ontario to "others".
The other bands may tend to be "QSY Specials".

Good luck and See you in one month!

73 Bob VE3KZ for CCO.