[SECC] small paddle for portable use

Jim Stafford w4qo at amsat.org
Mon Mar 26 16:22:39 EST 2007

Hi Gregg,

Well, altho my friend John had trouble with his Bulldog, my puppy was
better behaved I suppose!  I've used one mobile for 3 years now with
narry a hitch!  However, do NOT count on the suction cups to hold the
little bugger in place.  I have mine screwed to a thin board that my
lower hand rests on.  I guess it's about 3"x7".

That said the Palm Paddle is much higher quality but again, it is very
light weight.  However, on that one, you can use a good quality double
sided tape - the woven carpet tape from Home Depot works pretty good and
fasten it to your rig in some place.  Or he has some magnetic stuff to
secure the holder that the paddle resides in. Check out the pictures on
the web site. If you use it freely on the table, it's a two handed
operation.  My friend Hannes, DL9SCO does this one at:
http://www.palm-radio.de/english/english.html  They run about $75 but
are typical DL quality!

--

Jim Stafford W4QO Roswell, GA USA