[SECC] [SEDXC] K9AY Loops

James Streible k4dli at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 2 17:15:33 EDT 2007

I would like to add my 2 cents worth to what Hal has to say.

I went over and listened to his K9AY the other day and was impressed
with the Front to Back of the antenna.
I went home and put up one loop, this was all I had room for to get up
quick, in and East-West direction to try for some of the 160 and 80
meter operations that are on right now in Africa and the Pacific. I used
a DPDT switch to change directions for now so I can reverse the null.

This morning I worked the P29 on 80 meters using the loop to receive and
I could not copy him on my dipole antenna because of the noise picked up
by the dipole. The K9AY is that much quitter then the dipole at about 60
feet. I could also hear the VK9 yesterday on 160, though still not well
enough to work. This morning it also showed much quitter on 30 meters
listing to the P29.

I am now trying to figure our how I can put up a full K9AY with relay
switching to get the full effect.

Jim  K4DLI