[SECC] NAQP Teams; 80M QRP Fox Hunt Tonight

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 30 12:49:16 EST 2008

Still looking for more Full Time or Part Time entries in the North
American QSO Parties in January.  Jan 10 for CW and Jan 17 for SSB.  So
far, we have on CW:  K4BAI, WF4W, and K1ZZI.  For SSB, we have NQ4I by
W4SVO, WF4W, and K4BAI.  Teams are up to 5 members, so it would be good
to have at least five for the first team on each mode.  You don't have
to be within the SECC circle or to even be a member of SECC.

ACG has gotten up a number of teams and they plan to all give the name
"Dan" to honor W4NTI, who has just become a Silent Key.  W4NTI was
formerly a member of SECC, but isn't listed on our current roster.  If
anyone wants to use the name "Dan" or any name other than your regular
name, please let me know before I register the teams, which I will do
shortly before each contest.

These are fun, primarily domestic, contests on 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, and
10.  Multipliers are state, Canadian areas, and North American
countries.  Multiliers count once per band, so there will be a lot of
QSYing for multipliers.  There is a lot of activity.  Exchange is just
name and S/P/C, so it isn't a complicated contest.  I encourage each of
you to be as active as possible on those weekends and to join a team.
Just let me know if you will be LP or QRP (maximimum power is 100W) and
if you will be part time or full time.  Full time is 10 out of a
possible 12 hours from 18Z Sat to 06Z Sunday.  Let's make sure there are
a lot of GA and SC mutlipliers given out.

There will be the usual 80M QRP Fox Hunt tonight (Tuesday local).
0200-0330Z Wednesday; 9 to 10:30 PM EST.  3550-3570.  Maximum power 5W.
  Exchange:  RST, SPC, Name, Power.  Two foxes will be hiding within
that range of frequencies.  They will probably start out listening split
(usually up) and will be listening on their own frequencies after the
pileups die down.  The two Foxes tonight are K9CW, Drew in IL and N0AR,
Scott in MN.  Both of those guys should be fairly easily workable.  Get
out your QRP rig or turn down the power on your transceiver and join in
the fun.

73,

John, K4BAI.