[SECC] Operating Activities Early This Week

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 14 16:16:03 EST 2008

1.  80M QRP Fox Hunts. Tuesday night local.  Wednesday, 0200-0330.
Between 3550 and 3570, two QRP foxes will be lurking. This week they are
N0UR in MN and KG0PP in CO.  Normally, one will be in the top 10 kHz
segment and one in the lower 10 kHz segment.  (Last week was an
exception, since one failed to communicate with the other and they were
both in the top segment.)  5W maximum output power.  Exchange:  RST,
SPC, Name, Power.  Work only the two Foxes.  Should be OK from this
area.  Last week, I worked the one Fox I found and he was K0FRP in CO.
MN is closer and usually easier to work on 80.

2.  NAQCC QRP Sprint.  Wednesday night local.  Thursday UTC:  0130-0330.
80-20 M CW.  Exchange:  RST, SPC, NAQCC # or power out.  SPC count as
mults only once per contest.  Double score if you use a hand key.  1 1/2
times score for using a bug.  1x if using a keyer or computer to send CW
with.  Get on and hear my awful hand key fist (won't quite be the worst
in the contest).

73,

John, K4BAI.