[SECC] SS CW K1ZZI SO Unlimited HP

Ralph K1ZZI k1zzi at comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 19:14:46 EST 2008

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K1ZZI
Operator(s): K1ZZI
Station: K1ZZI

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

------------
  160:
   80:  345
   40:  321
   20:  197
   15:   18
   10:
------------

Great fun!  I chased VY1EI up and down 20 in the pileups and then gave up
hopes for NWT when he went to 15.  Two hours later he answered my CQ for
a contest highlight!  Thanks Eric and thanks to everyone for all the Q's.

This year I added the DX Engineering reversible Beverage (550' E/W) and used
it on 80m.  I used my K9AY for N/S.  This was a big factor in increasing my
score (nearly 30K) over last year in 3 less hours OP time.

There was lots of activity and sometimes I had to ask for a repeat in the
crowd.  It's always my favorite when the OP repeats @ 13 WPM which makes it
even harder to copy in QRM.  Like hey dummy, you were incompetent @ 34 WPM
the first time around can you copy this?

73,
Ralph K1ZZI