[SECC] Fall Classic DX Event

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 22 10:11:40 EDT 2008

Hello all:  I was asked to post this by Ron Lawrence, K4SX, a former
resident of Columbus and then Atlanta GA and a former member of SEDXC.
73, John, K4BAI.

Announcing the 2008
Fall Classic
Country Uncle DX Event

Your Official Flyer can be down loaded
by clicking below (in PDF format)
Download and send to all of your Ham friends so we can get maximum
participation

Bonus Points available for early registration see below

Official rules and Regulations

Contest Details

     * Objective  To work as many DX countries of the world on Amateur
Bands; 160, 80, 40, and 20 meters
     * Contest Period  0000 UTC October 1st thru 2400 UTC December 31st 2008
     * Eligibility  All licensed Amateurs Radio Operators World Wide
     * Modes of Operation SSB, CW, and Digital Modes (RTTY, PSK31)
     * Entry and Power Categories  Single operator, FCC maximum allowed
power output
     * Contest Exchange
           o Send  Call-sign and Signal Report
           o Receive   Call-sign and Signal Report

Early Sign Up

1.    While not a contest requirement, to be able to communicate with
contest participants we would like for you to register for the contest.
You can either do this or not. However, stations that register for the
contest by October 10th will receive 10,000 bonus points on their total
score.
2.    Resister - simply send an email from the email account we should
send contest communications to address it to contest at countryuncledx.com
  with CONTEST in the subject.
3.    You will receive and auto responder that indicates you have
registered - print that email out and included it with your Log for your
10,000 point bonus. Inclusion of the printed email is the sole
responsibility of the station claiming the bonus.

Scoring

     * Contacts between US Amateurs are not a valid contacts and do not
count as a point
     * For US Stations, all DX contacts outside of the USA count 1
point. For DX stations outside the US participating in the contest, all
DX contacts outside their own country count as 1 point
     * DX station can be worked on each mode for a single band for award
purposes
     * Multiplier list is the ARRL DXCC Country listing (once per mode
and once per band)
     * Same DX stations may be worked once per mode and once per band
     * Miscellaneous - All participants must be aware of and comply with
current Band Plans and power limitations

Log Entry and Submission

     * Logs are required if you are competing for one of the 4 Award
Plaques and/or certificates.
     * All logs must be submitted electronically in Cabrillo format.
     * We suggest using N1MM logger (free download) under log type
select DX Log. This will properly score your contacts for this event.
     * Other Electronic Log programs may be also used. At the end of the
contest period export all contacts into the N1MM log using an ADIF file
format. The N1MM log program will then properly score the contest.
Submit N1MM logs in Camrillo format to sid at countryuncledx.com
     * All logs must be submitted no later than January 30, 2009.
     * Email all logs to by deadline to sid at countryuncledx.com

  Awards

     * Plaques will be awarded to;
           o Top Overall Score for a stations located inside the USA
           o Top Overall Score for a station located outside the USA
           o Individual modes SSB, CW, Digital (RTTY & PSK31) - stations
located inside the USA
           o  Individual modes SSB, CW, Digital (RTTY & PSK31) -
stations located outside the USA
     * Certificates will be awarded to
           o Top Overall Scores for individual bands; 160, 80, 40 and 20
meters - Stations located inside the USA
           o Top Overall Scores for individual bands; 160, 80, 40 and 20
meters - Stations located outside the USA

A certificate will be issue to anyone submitting a log with a score with
at least 20% of the highest overall winning score

Sponsorship for plaques

     * N4DA, W4JSM, K4NV, W4ASE and K4SX are plaque sponsors
     * Plaque sponsor's call-sign will be imprinted on the plaque

Website

     * All results will be posted at http://www.countryuncledx.com
     * Contest info can be found at the website above